Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I went to see my doctor yesterday. She is wonderful - I am so thankful for her! She had good news and bad news. I've been sick for two weeks, so it was time to give in and ask for antibiotics. I have been trying so hard to avoid antibiotics, and over all, I've been highly successful. This latest round of illness was just too much for me and BodyTalk alone. I'm kind of wondering if my body was trying really hard to get me to the doctor's though because I have a lump in my throat. I found it about a month ago. It's right where my collarbone should have an indentation in the middle - I don't have the indentation - just a lump. My doctor said that that's where my thyroid should be. So, we're doing blood work to check thyroid levels (again) and she scheduled me an ultrasound to see if we can see anything. Oh the joys! That's the bad news (antibiotics and lumps.) There is good news though! First of all, I didn't recognize anyone at my doctor's office! Why, you ask, is this such great news? Well, for the last many years I have had a personal and close relationship with every person who worked at my doctor's office. I was there so frequently that they all recognized me by sight. Since I've found BodyTalk, though, I haven't been spending that much time at my doctor's office and yesterday the only person I recognized was my doctor! (She was very impressed, too!) The other good news involves the dreaded scale. Since I first got sick, every time I go to the doctor's my weight has gone up. Every time. It sucks! July saw me at my heaviest. However, yesterday's weigh-in showed a 17 pound loss!!! Go me! Weigh to go body! (Pun intended...groans and pity laughs accepted.)

So, for Thankful Thursday, I am thankful for my wonderful doctor. She actually suggested I have a BodyTalk treatment to help the antibiotics work better. She is so supportive of me and BodyTalk! I'm thankful that she takes me seriously and believes that I know what's going on with my body (I've had plenty of doctors who didn't and who didn't mind telling me I'm crazy!) I'm thankful for antibiotics to help when I'm not able to get rid of the infection myself. I'm thankful that I didn't recognize anyone at my doctor's office and that I haven't had to go to my doctor's office very much this year. I'm thankful for a great weigh-in and that those numbers are going down. And on a completely unrelated topic, I'm thankful for the much-needed moisture we've received this last week. What a beautiful snow-storm we had on Saturday! And here it is raining (most likely turning to snow at some point today) right now.

1 comment:

sweet mama entropy said...

Sorry this is so after the fact - but that sounded like a great day! I'm so glad you got to experience it!