Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thankful Thursday (Two Days Early, Again :o)

So, I just couldn't wait until Thursday to be grateful...Today is just absolutely beautiful! I went to my absolute favorite lunch place - Ganesh - and besides having a fabulous lunch buffet, they also have a frequent diner card. If you buy seven lunch buffets you get the eighth one free! How awesome is that! Well, as you can imagine, I frequent their lunch buffet often and today was my seventh time - which means that the next time I go, it's free! I'm really trying hard to limit myself to only going once a week (I know, I know, I need serious help!!) But it's just so wonderful. I take a good book and prop it open on the table and enjoy vegetable pakora, sambar, chicken Tikka Masala, naan, and they have this really good, fiery sauce that I drizzle over the vegetable pakora. Oh, my goodness. It is SO good! The people there are so friendly and keep my water glass full (which is a pet peeve of mine - waiters that leave you high and dry with no water! I tend to drink a lot during my meals.) Have I raved about this place enough yet? I am so thankful for Indian food in general and Ganesh in particular!

When I got home, it was just so gorgeous outside that I took a walk (which is pretty earth-shattering news!) I just couldn't bear to go inside yet. I have to say that I am truly grateful for all of the snow we've had this winter. We really, really needed the moisture. And, with all of the storms, our inversion really didn't get bad this year. Usually you almost can't leave the house without a surgical mask during January because the air is so bad. But, it really never had a chance to set in because the storms just kept cleaning it out. Also, I'm very grateful that my issues with depression and the snow are abating. The winter I started getting sick with Fibromyalgia, we really got hit hard with the snow. I've since equated snow with getting sick and just dread it. But, with all the healing I've been doing, that seems to be healing as well. I've enjoyed the snowstorms this winter (as long as I didn't have to be out in them!) But, even with all that, I must say that I am so ready for Spring. Today there are birds singing. The sun is out. The temperature is very mild (i.e. I'm good with just a sweater.) It's a beautiful thing.

Life truly is good.

1 comment:

sweet mama entropy said...

You sound like you are doing so well! I'm so happy for you!