Monday, October 27, 2008

Easiest Ever Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

So, I was cleaning my room last week (I know, my family was shocked, too) and I found a recipe my amazing cousin, Stacy, gave me during the summer. The recipe was for these delicious pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that she brought to a shower we attended. After reading the recipe, I thought that I was remembering the cookies wrong - a recipe this easy couldn't possibly produce the wonderful cookies I was remembering. I decided I had to test it. I discovered that there was nothing wrong with my memory (that was also a shock...my memory is notoriously lacking!) - these cookies are delicious!

2 spice cake mixes (just the dry mix - not the egg or oil or anything)
1 large can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling - just pumpkin)
1 bag chocolate chips
That's it. Seriously!

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix cake mix and pumpkin. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop spoonfulls onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes (Mine actually had to bake for 16-18). Enjoy! Just as an added bonus - Stacy informed me that these cookies are only 1 point per cookie on the Weight Watchers plan. We got three dozen big cookies out of this recipe - I'm sure we could have gotten four dozen with regular size cookies.

LSOC enjoyed an evening of amazing music and delicious cookie making tonight. We decided that we needed to add a step in honor of his job at the Church Office Building - they put an orange icing on their pumpkin chocolate chip cookies - so we mixed up powdered sugar and orange juice and drizzled it over the top. I'm sure that adds another point or two to the cookie - but it tasted so good! Don't get too excited, though - the icing recipe wasn't the best - I'm sure there are better options out there - but it was good enough for us :)

2 comments:

photography by suzanne said...

I think I gained 10 lbs. just reqading this post. I couldn't just eat one of those cookies! I better not even try it. It sounds yummy though.

Steph said...

Hey Jules thanks for the prayer shout out! She is hitting the wall now, so hopefully it will only get better from here.