Thursday, June 26, 2008

ABC is for Alphabet Book Craft (Yes, I'm a nerd)

Recently, Motherhood for Dummies wrote a great post about making Alphabet books for children. It reminded me of the alphabet books I made a few years ago for ScienceBoy and SpiderMan. I decided to pass the idea along.

I found a couple of photo albums that have hard vinyl coverings that zip closed. Inside is a two ring binder with 4x6 page protectors. I just cut out cream cardstock to fit in the protector and then went to town gathering die-cuts, stickers and pictures for every letter of the alphabet. I had to get creative - but that's the fun part. For example: for the letter Q - I used pictures of the boys laying on baby quilts people had made for them. For X - I used pictures of people in our family hugging and kissing and wrote "XOXO." For Z - I had pictures of the boys sleeping. Both of my boys loved vacuums - so I had plenty of pictures for V. It was fun coming up with creative pictures of our family for each letter. Here are some pages. B and H are from ScienceBoy's book and P and S are from SpiderMan's book.

These books are still favorites at our house!


2 comments:

sweet mama entropy said...

Those pages are too cute! Of course, I think you were probably the one who first introduced me to scrapbooking, so what else did I expect?

Melissa said...

oh my gosh! Yours looks soooo good! I love how you used family photos! Really really good! It makes me want to go back and redo mine! :)