Thursday, September 25, 2008

jkRibbit Randomness...

Random the First: I like alliteration. I am aware that I'm a nerd and I'm okay with that.

Random the Second: (I need to preface this with a quick explanation. I am trying to be very careful with my words. I have learned through my experience with my continuing health saga, and even more so with BodyTalk, that everything has an energy - and I'm very susceptible to that energy. So, I'm trying to focus on the positive energy. Hence, I have been trying not to use the term "lose weight." A) the word "lose" has negative connotations. And 2) I never want to "find" that weight again. So, my family and I have been referring to that particular phenomenon as "letting go" - as in "I have let go of 30 pounds in the last year." This particular terminology, for me, says: "I no longer have the need to carry that extra weight, so I am releasing it." We will also sometimes use: "I am 30 pounds lighter than I was a year ago." You get the idea...) So, in case you didn't catch those oh-so-subtle hints -

I let go of 30 pounds!!! I am 30 pounds lighter!!!

Random the Third: I am recording a CD. I wrote a post a few weeks ago about being brave. However, I was not brave enough to announce what I was being brave about and that didn't jive with me. So, I decided to be brave all the way. I'm recording a CD. There will be 12 vocal selections mostly taken from my Broadway repertoire. Tuesday evening, I had my second recording session. It didn't go quite as smoothly as the first one - I was only able to complete two songs instead of the planned three (I'm a bit stuck in a health issue cycle - sprained ankle led to tweaked back, led to knee problems with a sinus infection thrown in the middle for good measure...but I'm determined to perservere :). But I am still happy with how the two turned out. I now have 5/12 done.

Random the Fourth: My siblings crack me up! AngelFish had a conference in Vegas this week. Tergaso thought it would be cool to drive up and spend some time together on the strip since she only has class on Monday and Tuesday and is feeling all cool and grown-up now that she's started her Master's program. (Apparently, she's also turned ghetto. Stay. Cool. Yo.) However, Brunhilde (her car) didn't agree with this plan. I guess what goes to Vegas, stays in Vegas and poor Brunhilde was left in the dust of the Greyhound that took Tergaso back to Claremont. Poor Bruni...

Random the Fifth: I was going through pictures to find my favorites of ScienceBoy and found these awesome pics and had to share. They were taken, I believe, eight years ago. The top one is pretty much what we look like whenever we're together (ie: laughing hysterically). The bottom one is of us pulling it together for a split second. I love these pictures.


4 comments:

photography by suzanne said...

congratulations on the "letting go" part. Wish I could do the same.
Also!!! I can't wait to hear your music! Let me know when it is done.

sweet mama entropy said...

Oh, hooray! I want a copy of your CD!! That is so cool. And I love the pictures of you and your sibs. What a great family! And CONGRATULATIONS on letting go!! I would love to let go :) However, right now my body seems to have a really good grip!

Sister Leitner said...

Way to let go! That's a great accomplishment. I had a mid-year review at work a month ago and was asked to give three personal goals pertaining to my outside life. I put 'letting go' down as one of them knowing it would be 'measureable.' Now, I have to buck up and show results by the end of the year. Thanks for inspiring me!!

Rich said...

Congratulations on Letting go! I keep tryign to let go of some of my extra weight but unfortunately it has a firm hold on me.