Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering...

Seven years ago:
  • I was working in one of the tallest buildings in Salt Lake City and heard the news while riding the elevator to the 24th floor. Not much work got done that day before they let us go home. We mostly crowded around the few radios and t.v.s in the office.
  • My sister, AngelFish, was serving a mission in Russia. We waited anxiously to hear from her and to see what would happen world wide.
  • My cute little ScienceBoy was about to turn 3. We had him for the weekend and he went out to help The Count put up our flag. He started to say parts of the Pledge of Allegiance that he had heard, including "one nation, under Uncle The Count..." We laughed and thought it was cute. But isn't it nice to have fathers and father figures that you can turn to and recieve comfort and safety. I know that we, as individuals, as a family, and, I'm sure, as a nation also turned to our Heavenly Father during that dark time.
  • I was touched by the stories of courage, the outpouring of love, the unifying of our country.

1 comment:

Sister Leitner said...

Hi Ms. Ribbit. Nice of you to say hello! A game night would be fun. Hope you are doing well. I'm going to add your name to my blog list if that's okay with you. I can keep better tabs on you this way. :o)