Thursday, December 18, 2008

It Is Finished

After four and a half months, I have finished my CD! What an experience! I learned so much and I'm actually very happy with how it turned out. Of course there are still things that I would love to fix and change and do over--I can really tell a difference between the first songs I recorded and the last songs. The learning curve was huge! But overall, I am very happy.

I put so much of myself into this project and really wanted to share my story, but I didn't have the budget to print a 12 page booklet to accompany my CD! So, in the post below, I am including my "bonus booklet." It includes the lyrics to all the songs, my thought process in choosing that song and a little background info.

Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

Douglas Anderson said...

That is great. Hope everything is going well with you and your family.

sweet mama entropy said...

Oh, this is so cool! I'm so happy that you were able to do this!!

Mel said...

Congrats! I bet it sounds fantastic. Wow, what a cool project. You are so brave.

Leslie said...

How exciting! When can we hear the finished product?

photography by suzanne said...

Congratulations!!!

photography by suzanne said...

Julie,

I love the CD, especially the slower numbers. Recording studio is so different than live performance. I am glad you took the time, $$ and effort to give yourself a new dimension to your talent. Studio performance was a challenge for me, because my voice is so big.
Good for you Julie. You are an inspiration to me. I need to work on goals and improving my talents more.

It was great to see your family last night. I love you guys SO MUCH!

sweet mama entropy said...

Oh, thank you, thank you for your CD!!! Your voice is so warm and rich-sounding. I love the CD and I'm so touched that you sent me a copy - what a wonderful Christmas gift!! Hearing your voice brings back such fun memories of us singing in the kitchen of Canyon Terrace (except your CD sounds so much better than we did then :)