Sunday, November 1, 2009

30 Days of Thanksgiving #1

As I was sitting in Church today, thinking with excitement that the holiday season has begun, I started looking back over this last year. It's been a year of contrasts for me. I've had a few serious illnesses, and two trips to the ER including a real scare last spring. And yet, overall, my health has improved this year - I've had less frequent illnesses, have let go of 70 pounds, and have more energy than I've had in a long time. I've had some very dark days and very hard personal struggles this year. But I've also been blessed with the opportunity to serve in the temple -to have an entire day of peace every week, received some great tools in dealing with the struggles, and been blessed with much joy this year.

I was able to recognize that while from a strict "numbers" viewpoint, this year could be considered a disaster, in reality, it's been a really good year. I am so grateful for the everyday miracles, many blessings, small joys that really add up, and love and support from family and friends this year. I am so grateful for a loving Father in Heaven for providing these miracles, blessings, joys, family, friends and love for me.

I'm excited to celebrate this season of gratitude and peace. It's going to be a good one.

1 comment:

sweet mama entropy said...

i'm so glad that you are able to put a positive spin on things - even hard things! being able to do that is so hard sometimes. it's something i still struggle with and it's (just) one of the reasons why i love reading your blog so much. so when do we get to see a picture of the "let go" :) you?! love ya lots!!