Monday, April 14, 2008

April 10: Happy Birthday, The Count!


This is my wonderful Dad, The Count. I gave him that name because he's an accountant and used to always dress up for Halloween as The Count from Sesame Street (Complete with purple make-up all over his face!) My Dad gives the best hugs in the whole world. And I am so grateful that he is a worthy Priesthood holder. I am so blessed to have access to Father's Blessings and other Priesthood blessings whenever I need them. The Count is a talented musician - he just retired after 20 years in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir yesterday (more about that later) . He has a beautiful tenor voice and plays the piano. He has always been willing to accompany all of his children for recitals and talent shows. The most wonderful thing about my Dad is how much he loves and adores my Mom. Life is really wonderful for children when they know that their parents love each other and love them. I am so grateful that I have been blessed with that gift. Happy Birthday, The Count!!

1 comment:

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Roger, alias "The Count", is a wonderful person! I've sung with him in the choir for many years. I retired last October and was there when he retired on Sunday. Best wishes Roger! Let's keep singing!

Scott Woodbury B-24 retired!