Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Bounding Birthday, Tergaso!


I have to confess that I have been remiss in giving a birthday shout-out to my most-favoritest-sister-named-Tergaso, Tergaso. Hopefully, she'll now stop sending me looks such as the one pictured immediately above.

In all seriousness my sister is incredibly awesome. She is extremely intelligent - she got her bachelors degree in three years (with a minor, no less.) She is headed to Claremont Graduate University next week to start her masters program. She's rather a snob when it comes to books, which has provided great opportunity for sisterly argument. And she's fluent in two languages and about to start a third.

She is also one of the funniest people I know. She is crazy! She loves to high-jack my brother's laptop and use the camera to leave him folders of wacky pictures of herself staring into the computer. She actually uses this time to perfect her "looks" (bewildered, scared, smell-the-fart, and fish-hook-in-the-eyebrow...) She also loves to choreograph and record dances - still, and sometimes in public places. And she is not above dancing/awkward jerking in public.

But what I love most about my sister, Tergaso, is that she is most loyal and supportive. She'll call it like she's sees it, but with love. She takes the time to listen. When I was going through a rough-patch with my health, she crocheted me the most hideous hat (it actually had earflaps) - just to bring a smile to my face and to show she cared. She also, by the way, crocheted my Dad and brother ties for Christmas that year. They actually turned out pretty well, except they somehow seem to keep getting longer...

Happy birthday, Tergaso!


I have some really good pics to post here, but we have a new scanner, and of course I can't figure out how to work it...maybe Angelfish will come over sometime soon and help me (hint, hint...).


Thanks for setting up our new scanner, AngelFish!!

3 comments:

laurenlou said...

im satisfied.

photography by suzanne said...

Julie,
I love your family!

Suzanne

Angelfish said...

I don't know - I'm still slightly offended that Lauren's b-day took priority over my graduation - I'm just saying! :)