Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What I Learned Today

I started something today that I've always dreamed of doing - but never thought I'd have the courage to do. I actually still can't really believe I was gutsy enough to do it - but the project kind of took over and there I was this morning starting it.

I actually learned a lot this morning. I was very scared about how the final product would turn out - and it turned out better than I thought it ever could. I was very scared about what other people would think - and my sister was there to encourage and cheer me on. Plus, I decided that if I was happy with how it turned out - why would I care what other people thought? (That's something that I've had deep thoughts about before - and I'm sure I will continue to struggle with this concept for many years to come.) But today, I feel like I made progress.

I learned that I can trust myself and my instincts. I learned that my best is good enough, I don't need to push. I learned that I can make my dreams come true - even when that means conquering my own fear.

Maybe I can even learn to be excited about the next stages of this project.

3 comments:

Steph said...

It is a gutsy type week!! Dare we ask what the project is?!?

sweet mama entropy said...

Sounds like it was a god day! I'm so glad!

Jodie said...

WHAT is it? I keep waiting for more info..... :)