Monday, March 24, 2008

My Crazy Family

I love hanging out with my family. We are crazy! But we do have a lot of fun. Easter Sunday was no exception. I cooked up a crazy plan with The Easter Bunny (aka: The Countess) that my brother, LSOC, would be given the movie "Enchanted" in his Easter basket. AngelFish, LadyBug, Gorgeous and I had dragged him to see it in December (against very vocal protestations - he was pretty much guilted into it...) and was just as disgusted as he thought he would be. We of course all loved it and have teased him about it mercilessly ever since that it is his favorite movie. So, it's time to open Easter baskets and the Easter Bunny and I insist that we need to get the camera out first. That turns into a big problem. Tergaso has Mom's camera in Provo. She took it on her trip to Claremont last weekend and forgot to bring it back with her. (Apparently her own camera is broken. Keep in mind this is the second camera she's had from her mission - she broke the first one, too.) No problem, we'll use LSOC's camera. Except that Tergaso has his camera in Provo, too. She keeps forgetting to bring that back as well. Well, Tergaso has brought a former mission companion home with her for Easter and all the sudden she pipes up with, "I think you still have my camera, too!" Apparently Tergaso is a camera magnet! Of course, I can't talk much, because the next idea was to use my camera and Tergaso and I spent a good 10 minutes in my room looking for it and trying not to get lost in the bottomless pit that is my bedroom. So, our Easter pictures are from cell-phone cameras!

Anyway. Back to Easter baskets. LSOC opens his present first (youngest to oldest) and when he saw it was "Enchanted" he got extremely disgusted, burst out with "Are you serious?" and threw it at AngelFish. It was awesome. The only problem was that when AngelFish opened her present - it was also "Enchanted." It was finally my turn to open my present and that silly Easter Bunny gave me "I Am Legend" which AngelFish and I both refuse to watch. (LSOC will probably end up talking me into it - but I know there was no way I could stand to watch it in the theaters!) So LSOC and I switched. But his reaction was priceless.

After dinner we were sitting around talking and things got, well, crazy. I'm not exactly sure how things got started - I was snoozing on Mom's shoulder - of course, I'm not sure anyone else knew how things got started anyway. But they were listening to Russian disco/tech music. (I told you we are crazy.) I'm pretty sure the Russian disco/tech music got started sometime after they all took a walk around the block wearing crazy hats (they had to have their own "Easter Parade" complete with Easter Bonnets! I didn't go with - remember the whole snoozing on Mom's shoulder - but I wouldn't be surprised if they were belting "Easter Parade" as they went. Anyway, we were listening to Russian disco/tech music and Tergaso started dancing. First it was while she was sitting on the couch but then she stood up and pulled my Grandma, Gorgeous, up and they were dancing together. Gorgeous really got down and boogied! (Which she pronounces boo (as in, "Boo!" not "book") - gie) It was hilarious.



A little bit later, AngelFish had her feet propped up on Gorgeous's lap and Gorgeous decided to do "This Little Piggy." Well, Angelfish only has 4 toes on one foot. All the sudden, Gorgeous stops and says, "I can't wee-wee on this foot!" (She'd run out of toes...) We all almost wee-weed right there in the living room we were laughing so hard.

I love my family!

5 comments:

Angelfish said...

Love the post - I forgot the wee-wee part! I just got the video on my blog! :)

Maria said...

Your family is great! Wish I could have been there, sounds like a blast.

Lanna said...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! That's hysterical! :)

Juli said...

Sounds like you had a very fun and funny Easter. It is fun that you have a blog so we can keep in touch. That is great if you add us to your blog.

sweet mama entropy said...

Hilarious! There are three words that I will always associate with the craziness of your family: "dominoes" and "you suck!" (four if you count the fact that you can't play dominoes without the "pennies," hehe :)

I didn't realize AngelFish was missing a toe. Who knew this was an educational blog! The things you learn :)