Saturday, January 19, 2008

Pain in the ...

... Back! Have you ever leaned over to pick up an adorable baby out of her swing and just felt your weekend "slip" away? Yeah, happened to me yesterday. I hadn't even picked her up yet - but I felt that special something that told me I'd be attached to my heating pad and the ibuprofen bottle all weekend. Oh, the joys.

I am determined to not whine too much, though, and to try to look for the positive. So, here is my positive list:
1) I did get to hold the darling baby and she gave me the cutest smiles! It was wonderful!
2) I did get to enjoy a visit with a new friend (who shared her darling baby with me) even if I couldn't walk like a normal person to my car afterwards
3) I have a wonderful family who all pitched in to help with a babysitting job I had last night. And SillyGoose had a ball playing with my family and gave me all sorts of love even though I couldn't wrestle with him. We enjoyed doing all of our favorite things (i.e. watching "Finding Nemo", playing with toys, eating toast with peanut butter and chocolate sprinkles.)
4) My "core" muscles are getting a heck of a workout! And I'm more committed to work on them more when I have more range of motion and less pain!
5) I have a ton of movies I'm dying to see, a great heating pad, and lying down is actually one of the few positions that doesn't hurt! I'm ready for a lazy weekend!!

I feel better all ready!

No comments: