Monday, November 10, 2008

30 Days of Thanksgiving #10

I love how the Book of Mormon begins:

"I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days."

There is so much in that one, first verse! Yes, life is going to be hard - there will be afflictions. But even with trials, life can be good. The Lord loves us and will bless us. We need to teach our children of the Lord and seek to learn of Him ourselves. So much!! But I also love that Nephi starts off by stating that he was born of goodly parents. I, too, have been born of goodly parents.

I am grateful for the blessing of having parents who love each other and love me. I am grateful that my parents also love the Lord and have taught me of Him. I am grateful that my parents committed to each other for all eternity and were sealed as an eternal family in the temple. I am grateful for the opportunity to someday make that same committment to my best friend and start an eternal family with him. I am grateful for the opportunity to someday become a mother and teach my children to love the Lord. I pray for these blessings and choose to have hope and faith that they will come to pass.

And, for your viewing pleasure, I've included some of my favorite pictures of my parents! (Some of them I should have posted in June when they celebrated their 35 anniversary - but the summer was crazy and I never got around to it! I guess better late than never.) I am grateful for pictures :)



No comments: