Thursday, November 6, 2008

30 Days of Thanksgiving #6

Last night, between 10 and 11 p.m., I ordered some boots. It was a very responsible thing to do seeing how our world was covered in snow yesterday. It was probably not so responsible that I waited until our first real snow storm to order them. Also, the boots I chose don't exactly scream responsible. Let me rephrase that. The boots I chose are very responsible - they have good traction and will keep my feet warm and dry. The pattern I chose doesn't exactly scream responsible :)


At 2:00 this afternoon, 15-16 hours after I ordered these boots, I answered the door for my piano student and my boots were sitting on our porch waiting for me. Not even 24 hours turn around! I am very impressed. What is even more impressive is that the shipping was free. The shipping is also free if I decide not to keep them. Are you impressed yet? I sure am! And where, you are wondering, did I find these fabulous boots with free, fast shipping? At Zappos!

I am grateful for new winter boots that are practical and whimsical at the same time. I am grateful for my new found joy in snow and improved health giving me a desire to play in the snow so I need new boots. I am grateful for Zappos and for free, fast shipping!

3 comments:

Juli said...

I like your boots they are really cute!

sweet mama entropy said...

Those boots are adorable! And very responsible at the same time :) You make me smile!

Rosalynn said...

Cute boots! I love all of your Thanksgiving posts, how very inspiring.

And I don't mind at all if you post your necklace set. So glad you like it!!