Wednesday, November 5, 2008

30 Days of Thanksgiving #5

Happy Blogday to me! I've been blogging for 1 year! I am grateful for the opportunity to express my thoughts and feelings and keep in touch with friends and family. I am grateful for all of the kind and supportive comments I've received. Thank you!

I am also grateful for a beautiful snowstorm today. When I first started getting sick, it was in the middle of a particularly harsh winter. For many years snow and winter symbolized that hard time in my life. The days get shorter, colder and darker. My anxiety and depression increased. Winter was something to endure and survive. But the last few years, as I've healed, I've been able to enjoy and even look forward to winter. Everything is beautiful and white. And Christmas is coming! I am grateful that I am able to see the beauty and joy of snow again.

3 comments:

photography by suzanne said...

Happy Birthday Sweetie! Have a great day.

Matthew Hansen said...

holy snow!

sweet mama entropy said...

Oh, snow! I miss snow so badly!! Enjoy it extra for me :)